There are various things to consider in maintaining a Timber product. Our Furniture is built to last and below are a few basic pointers that will help to make sure your shiny new piece will last for years to come! You'll also receive a care instructions sheet specific to the product purchased.
- Take care when moving large items. Always lift and move with a least 2 people.
- Please be kind when cleaning wood surfaces. General household chemical cleaners can strip protection quickly. We recommend a warm bowl of water, a splash of detergent and lint free cotton cloth. Simply wipe down following the direction of grain (length ways) and mop up any excess surface water.
- For any outdoor Furniture we recommend a cover, particularly in the Winter months which will prolong the life.
- Avoid placing hot plates, cups etc directly on the surface as this can cause stains and burn marks. We always advise using place mats.
- Avoid placing wood furniture in locations with dramatic changes in climate such as conservatories. Wood is a living product and moves to acclimatise to its environment. To much shrinking and expanding can weaken joins. Certain timbers cope better in these situations so contact us and we can advise.